Monday, February 25, 2013

Spot Check Billy

Spotcheck Billy got down on his hands and knees  
He said "Hey mama, hey let me check your oil all right?"  
She said "No, no honey, not tonight.  
Come back Monday, come back Tuesday, and then I might."

- Fat Man in the Bathtub, Little Feat

Billy K's ride.

Billy Koitzsch of Arctic Cycles is taking a little trip. A 2,000-mile winter trip via fat bike, to be exact.

He's checking in frequently via Spot checks, so I'm tracking his progress and cheering him on. Personally, I think he's gonna rock it this year.

After all, he's traveling light after leaving a toe behind last time. Ride strong, Billy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I doing something wrong? I have been checking on Billy's SPOT the last few days and it hasn't moved at all. Is the link from your post to a specific data point or is it just that he hasn't updated since then? Thanks for any help.

Josh Spice said...

Pretty sure we ALL want to know where he's going!

Tim said...

Sorry, guys. I updated the blog to remove the link. I'm getting his Spot check updates via Facebook, and I didn't realize I had posted a link that wouldn't be updated. If I find one that is, I'll post it. In the mean time, here's his latest position:

http://www.findmespot.com/mylocation/?id=BGYDS

He has ridden 350 miles to McGrath. He is on his way to Nome, and will then turn northeast and start riding to the Fairbanks and North Pole area.

Josh Spice said...

AWESOME!!! I'd love to meet up with him when he gets here.
(I co-own Far North Fatbikes, the fatbike rental in Fairbanks)