Monday, July 05, 2010

Summertime mania

A friend who works in a bike shop told me last year that being employed at a shop doesn't really make sense for someone who rides. The problem is that summer is when you want to be on trails, but instead you're stuck in the shop, working.

The way things have been lately, it almost feels like the same thing applies to people who write bike blogs. The difference is, we don't have to show up for work. Well, not blog work, anyway.

The blog gets push aside when friends and trails call. Or bike maintenance is necessary. Or any of the other demands of "real life" get in the way. But this is also when photos and stories pile up ... some of which I could probably write about without getting punched in the kidneys by the people with whom I ride.

Come to think of it, only one of them hits me, but I'd like to keep the number from growing so I gots to sort this shit out.

1 comment:

Dano said...

I agree. A good way to cut your riding time is buy a bike shop. At least in the snow belt.
But I have tons of time for skiing in the winter!