Friday, March 10, 2006

Say it ain't so

Please tell me this isn’t what our society has come to.

I walked into the kitchen area at my office a few days ago and found this abandoned Pizza Hut box covered with tips to help families start dinner conversations. Hey, parents, at a loss for how to talk to your child while eating this slab of grease? Here’s a neat idea! Ask him what his favorite color is!

Jesus H. Christ on a unicycle. If your relationship is so tenuous that you can't talk to your kid without help from a Pizza Hut box, your whole relationship is in serious trouble. You done fucked it up already.

And you have crappy taste in pizza.

9 comments:

Frostbike said...

As a former pizza hut employee, I resent your accusation of lousy taste in pizza. I admit their entire marketing wing should be drawn and quartered, but I still like their pizza.

Tim said...

No offense, Pete, but I've gotta stand firm. They make the most greasy pizza I've ever seen -- and that's really saying something.

Greasy, greasy, greasy.

Tim said...

Whoa there, big fella! Don't be sayin' it all sucks. Moose's Tooth makes great pizza and good beer.

Jill Homer said...

Dave and Tim, if you guys are ever in Homer, you should come down to Fat Olives. I maintain that they could take on Moose's Tooth anyday. Except for substitute wine for beer.

But Pizza Hut just makes me want to cry for society, now in more ways than one. (sorry, Pete)

Frostbike said...

Mmmmm, greasy pizza...

Anonymous said...

You can get great pizza in Chicago & New York for sure... and when people need a suggestion from a fast food box to speak with their children, it makes me sad and furious at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Moose's Tooth is okay, but it doesn't compare to real Italian pizza. It's still super greasy when compared to the real stuff.

The Donut Guy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Donut Guy said...

Tim, I couldn't agree more.

Pizza Hut has average pizza and their marketing seems to be aimed at folks with lower then average intelligence.