Monday, February 19, 2007

Catchin' rays

The first day of riding home without turning on a headlight is always a nice sign of spring. Even if spring is still weeks away.

Sure, the temperature was zero when I pedaled out of the driveway this morning, and the first half-mile from my house was still covered with Friday's loose snow. But by the time I left my office a little after 5 p.m., it was a pleasant 15 degrees and sunny.

Yes, sunny. It was awesome. My hope was restored.

We've almost made it through another winter.

2 comments:

Chris said...

15 degrees and sunny sounds wonderful. What I would give to be there riding. HA!

Dano said...

We just got a dose of spring here in Wisco. 40 degrees yesterday and today. This comes from a Febuary that had us below zero 10 nights in a row.

So its close, I can feel it (spring).