Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Back to the bright side of the road

Remember your mom teaching you the old rule that says if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all? For the past couple of days my mood has been foul, so I haven't felt like updating the blog. In fact, I've felt a lot like this poor bastard.

But hey, there's shit that gots to be shared, like my fine state's rich bike-racing history. Who knew they were sprinting on the streets of Valdez in 1911? I didn't, until I killed some time doing strange Google searches. You can still race to Valdez, which I plan to do, if I can ever afford to add a nice road bike to my collection of mountain bikes. I've been lusting after one in particular, but I spent a big wad of cash and quite a few domestic points on my new Epic last winter.

I also thought it would be cool to provide a link to some cool bits and the nice things they're doing over at Chris King Precision Components. I was less excited about the "Pretty and Strong" thing after my wife pointed out a pink mixer in a Sunday newspaper ad and said, "Wow, a lot of companies are jumping on this breast cancer issue." I had thought King was doing something fresh and different. Still, it's a worthwhile cause, even if you can buy pink crap in the appliance section at your local department store. Plus, it's always good to have an excuse to buy Chris King components. Because, let's face it, if you're laying down 150 bucks on a freaking headset, you need a good excuse. What, it's gonna steer better than the $50 Aheadset you can get from Nashbar?

I'm outta here. Turn off your computer and go for a ride.

No comments: