Friday, June 15, 2007

Show me the money

I think most everyone has a fantasy about what they’d do if they won a big lottery. Mine is to set up a solid fund to carry me through life, then use the rest to establish a charitable fund modeled after The Rex Foundation, so I could give money to all sorts of overlooked causes that interest me.

Needless to say, I’d also need a slightly bigger house with a large room to serve as Tim’s Personal Bike Shop. It would have to include a comfortable couch, wet bar, some tunes flowing through nice speakers, and enough room for a rich guy’s bike collection.

But I'd still have trouble topping the collection of Brad Duke. He pocketed $85 million a couple of years ago after winning a Powerball jackpot.

So he spent $14,500 on a used car.

And $65,000 on new bicycles.

Ya gotta love a guy who has his priorities straight.

1 comment:

Doug said...

For once a good lottery winner story. I like the comment that he bought a 2002 Jetta because it fit his bike rack. That's having your priorities in place. If I won I'd set up a foundation to give most of the money away to causes I believe in. I don't need a lot of money or things. Although, I would have a few more bikes for sure.