Saturday, July 18, 2009

From twisted minds ...

come twisted events, and twisted posters promoting them. Thus, Bicycles & Icicles proudly presents the work of bizarro mountain biker (and my former teammate in the 24 Hours of Kincaid) Rob G.

Calling the Soggy Bottom a 100-mile event is all part of Rio's diabolical plot, because it's at least 12 miles longer than that. It breaks hearts, minds, bodies and souls, and spits the survivors out of the mountains and deposits them at a tiny bar in a tiny town beside the sea. Unfortunately, some of them arrive after the bar has closed for the night. But that's OK, because many can't lift a beer by that point anyway.

Two weeks from today, I'm going down for this year's race, but will likely restrict my involvement to the sane act of providing support for Jules and the Monkee, who are both riding solo.

If they're lucky, they'll punch through the wall and see rainbows and unicorns on the other side.

4 comments:

bikegirl said...

anyone know where I can rent a unicorn suit?

Amber said...

Is it me or are those unicorns trying to flip you off too?

Grill Meister said...

Yeah right, Unicorns and Rainbows are at the top of the page, but most seasoned riders will have more likely noticed the skulls at the bottom of the page. Hope to see for a ride this weekend. I'll be in town on Wednesday.

Grill Meister.

Julie said...

These are the creatures that lurk in the dark haunting the riders that come in past midnight. I didn't ride long enough last year to see unicorns, but I swear that bunny was laughing at me from the darkness while I was riding down to Hope terrified. Don't worry, I'll be back for you bunny.