Monday, April 17, 2006

Timing is everything

The wall on one side of my office is mostly glass. Whenever I start changing out of (or in to) my bike clothes, I routinely check over my shoulder to make sure I remembered to close the vertical blinds.

Everybody's had at least one of those dreams in which you go to work or school naked or in your underwear, right? In the same vein, I always have that fraction of a second of panic in which I think, “Oh, crap! Am I mooning co-workers?”

I rode to work Friday for the first time in a few weeks. I wasn’t back in my routine yet, but I remembered to close the blinds. I peeled off my shirt and started checking e-mails, etc., while I continued to cool down.

After a few minutes, I stripped off the rest of my stuff, and then dressed in my work clothes, stashed a few things under my desk and got up to open my office door . . . which was standing open several inches.

Oops.

I stepped out in the hallway and looked around. The office lights were still off. I listened. No sounds of anyone settling in for the day.

I got lucky. And so did everyone else.

Gotta love those Friday mornings when everyone else runs late.

1 comment:

The Old Bag said...

...takes awhile to get back into the swing of the commute! Glad to hear you weren't sharing with the whole office!