Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign

I've gone legit. After a couple of years of occasionally using the Hillside tank trails on the sly, I finally got one of the Army's recreational-use permits. Along with a bunch of friends who also recently obtained their slips of paper, I took off from the Hilltop Ski Area today to ride the Fort Richardson trails (and gravel roads) up to Alpenglow Ski Area in Arctic Valley.

I always enjoy the signs in the woods on Fort Rich. You just don't see stuff like this on most rides:

Shoothouse? Now that sounds fun.
Gimme one of those laser-tag rifles
and a fake hostage, and let's
get down to business!Shit. Does this mean I can't keep this
big shell thingie and use it
it as a doorstop?This is a really sick thing to post
where people will see it after
more than 4,000 feet of climbing.
Retain this, dammit!

I'm outta here for a few days. My job is taking me out of the mainstream for a little while. Ride hard, stay right-side up, and I'll see ya soon.

No comments: