Sunday, October 05, 2008

Gettin' ready for snow

Other than a ride that ended with a flat on Friday afternoon as I stood in a mixture of snow and rain trying unsuccessfully to inflate a bad spare tube, I haven't managed to spend any time on a bike this weekend. I was busy hanging out with my man Buckwheat, who doesn't get to Anchorage often.

We ate some good food, had some good laughs, and did a little truck shopping because on the way up here from Skagway, he managed to drive his Toyota Tundra up ass end of a bull moose.

I did, however, manage to get the studded Nokians on the commuter tonight, just in time for a forecast that calls for snow and temperatures in the 20s and low 30s.

That's it, kids. Our three weeks of autumn have come to an end.

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

almost fall here in dc

studded tires would make as much sense as an SUV in DC

hmmmm....
everyone in DC drives SUVs
well... either an SUV or a Toyota Prius