A couple of weeks back, the fully shaved, rain-hating DaveIT sent me a list of 54 ways to know if you're addicted to bicycling. Aside from being amusing, this kind of shit comes in really handy when when a guy's trying to come up with something to post on a blog.
But 54? Nobody spends that much time reading my blog. I mean, really. If you took your laptop into the bathroom to read on the crapper, I'd be lucky if this was one of the dozen sites you'd surf before your moment of glory. You know I'm right.
Hey, don't feel bad. I don't take it personally. We can't all be voracious and deeply intellectual readers like our brilliant president.
So I've made it easy for ya by breaking the list down into chunks of 10 at a time. Besides, this way I have some more stuff to use the next time I'm completely out of stuff to write about.
1. Your surgeon tells you need a heart valve replacement and you ask if you have a choice between presta and schraeder.
2. You convert your car's brake and gas pedals to clipless.
3. A Power Bar starts tasting better than a Snickers.
4. The bra your significant other finds in your glove compartment belongs to your Trek and not the cute waitress at Denny's.
5. You wear your heart monitor to bed to make sure you stay within your target zone during any extracurricular activities.
6. The funeral director tells you no, you can't ride your Cannondale in the funeral procession, even if you keep your headlight on.
7. You experience an unreasonable envy over someone who has bar end extenders longer than yours.
8. You're too tired for hanky-panky on a Friday night but pump out a five-hour century on Saturday.
9. You no longer require a hankie to blow your nose.
10. You have stopped even trying to explain to your spouse why you need two bikes ... you just go buy another one and figure it will all work out in the divorce settlement.