Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bottoms up

I was talking to someone today about how I always lock up my main bike, even when it’s stored inside a locked garage.

She smiled and said, “Yeah, and I bet you leave your car unlocked.”

Well, duh.

Who cares if my car gets stolen? I mean, I really like my 4Runner, but I’m not emotionally invested in a car.

Jeez, waddya think I am, some sort of weirdo?

Speaking of weirdos, one of the finest is down. Big Jonny of drunkcyclist.com was hit by a car last Saturday as he was pedaling home from a group ride. He has multiple lumbar fractures and a whole mess of road rash, but his toes are still wigglin' and his sick sense of humor is intact.

He’s a good man with a passion for bikes and a beautiful baby girl at home. I’m glad she still has her dad around and he's expected to fully recover. Take some advice from his friends and tip a couple of drinks in his honor. It’ll make him proud.

And he'd do it for you.

1 comment:

daveIT said...

Shit man I didn't know Big Johnny got hit. I'll definately tip a few back in his honor tonight!