Saturday, February 17, 2007

My feet, and other odd thoughts

It has been a long, bloody week here at Camp Bicycles & Icicles but we're going to stay the course, call in more troops and refuse to consider the possibility that we shouldn't have invaded the blogosphere in the first place.

At least our feet our warm, thanks to some new swag from Darron at The Sock Site. (Don't you love that "we" stuff? I sometimes like to pretend I have a staff. I even talk to them. Sometimes, they talk to me. Really. I don't care what the doctors say.) Ya gotta love a guy who hooks up bloggers with free mountain-biking socks. Good stuff. Check it out.

Now, if only he could call somebody at Surly and say, "Hey, you should send my man Tim a Pugsley frame."

Ah, hell, if I had a Pugs, I might lose my mind and join all those crazy folks beating themselves against the Iditarod Trail this weekend during the Susitna 100. Better to stick with my plan of fleeing phones, mailboxes and my indoor trainer, and running off with my wife to a nice hotel. Where it's warm.

Good luck to all the competitors. Come back with good memories, and all the toes you left with.

2 comments:

Jeff Moser said...

Stay the course General Woody!

When the blogosphere stands up, you'll stand down.

You're blogging them over there, so you don't have to blog them over here.

Blog Accomplished

The blogosphere is in its final throes, if you will...

You know where the blogs are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.

It is unknowable how long the blogging will last. It could last six days, six weeks. You doubt six months...

Anonymous said...

It's warm down here, Woody.