Sunday, April 06, 2008

Having a tough day

I have a general policy of not posting anything on this blog unless it's bike-related. But these pictures are too good to pass up. They're making the rounds via e-mail, and I got them from my friend Amber on Friday.

I don't know when or where they were taken, but the trucks in the photos have Alaska plates. I ran into another friend today who had seen the photos and was told they were taken near the village of Shishmaref.

Before anyone asks if the guy survived, I think it's safe to say he did. Bear maulings make the news in Alaska, and I haven't read of any polar bears hurting anyone recently.






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like the bear was having fun

Jill Homer said...

He survived how? Running circles around the truck until the polar bear got bored?

But really funny. I think I've seen these. They're e-mailed under the tagline "Which is the threatened species?"

Bujiatang said...

first lap: get key in lock
second lap: unlock door
third lap: get in truck

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures, but their existence has to make me wonder: couldn't the photographer have been helping in some way?

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised the back of his Carhartts aren't brown...

Anonymous said...

The photo was supposedly taken in Pt. Lay not Shish and these were surveyors. Talk about a dangerous job!