Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Come Monday

My new bike is suffering from constructus interruptus. Too much stuff going on right now. New job, house projects, upcoming visitors, yadda, yadda, yadda. As someone's grandpa used to say, I'm busier than a one-legged man at an ass-kickin' contest.

It's all good stuff, in the long run, but every night I come home hoping to finish the new Trucker Deluxe build, and every night I get tied up with other projects. All the new rig needs now is cables, brakes, shifters, and finishing touches like bar tape and cutting of the steerer tube.

I don't like looking at a half-built bike unless I'm about to finish the second half. At this rate, I probably won't tear into the final stages until Friday night.

So I'm clinging to the line from that great old Jimmy Buffett song (and yes, if you go back far enough, he wrote some great songs): "Come Monday, it'll be all right."

Come Monday, I plan to be riding that Trucker to work.

5 comments:

The Old Bag said...

If you haven't bought brakes yet: Shimano Br-R550 -- they got grab.

Tim said...

Thanks for the advice, TOB. I'm cannibalizing my old commuter for many parts that will go on the Trucker, so I bought a couple of Travel Agents (made my Problem Solvers) that will allow me to use my old Avid V brakes with my new road levers.

WheelDancer said...

Best picture of a half-built bike!

Vito said...

Nice backside;)

RANTWICK said...

I've got a tourer build that is only rack fenders and bar tape away from done. Yet it sits, and has done for months. I get this.