Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It’s a sign from the (mtb) gods!

When your 12-year-old daughter finds you kneeling on the kitchen floor with a camera at 6:30 in the morning, you can consider it a “teaching moment.”

I chose to teach my daughter about miracles.

You know, like the face of Jesus in a tortilla, or the Virgin Mary that appears in a stain on the wall after you drop a glass of merlot on a hardwood floor.

I’m an atheist, so I don’t experience such miracles. (Although I do spill wine, on occasion.) I see amazing symbols from a different source.

And lo, there it was this morning as I rinsed my cereal bowl at the kitchen sink …

The Santa Cruz logo in a scuff mark on the floor!

Artist’s depiction.

Natural occurrence.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Spooky.

My daughter was immediately concerned about hordes of the mountain-biking faithful making their way to our door in hopes of kneeling before this scuff mark and witnessing it with their very own eyes.

“Damn good thinking, kid,” I told her. “We’d better get ready.”

I’m having Rent-A-Cans set up in the driveway tomorrow.

Bring your own beer.

8 comments:

daveIT said...

F
R
E
A
K
!

Anonymous said...

You're scaring me, Tim.

Frostbike said...

You should pull up the floor and sell it on eBay!

Michelle said...

I SEE IT!! I'm a believer...When a Santa Cruz logo appears in the home of a Specialized rider, it MUST mean something...with enough beer we can figure the meaning out. HAIL SANTA CRUZ, I'm not worthy...What's your address???

Michelle

Tim said...

Address? You don't need an address. Just start down the highway and fall in with the other pilgrims making their way to this holy place.

Scout Seventeen said...

That's odd. Your holy logo keeps telling me to burn things...

gwadzilla said...

I think that you spilled some acid this time

gwadzilla said...

oh
my four year old made me proud this morning
as we had our "I hate school" discussion
my son told me he had heard me tell him my arguement before
then he said
"I just want to ride my bike all day"

I was so proud