Saturday, May 20, 2006

Middle of the weekend

I spent the day helping my wife with a garage sale. She gets the urge to do one about every 10 or 15 years, and that's plenty. I even managed to sell one old Zefal pump and a pair of crappy studded bike tires. There's not much demand for old frame pumps, used knobbies and dusty old toe clips.

Sunday should get me some bike time. Until then, I'm just postin' a photo I've been meaning to use for a few days. I forget where I found this shot of a Marine in Iraq, but what the hell, let's call it soldier-appreciation day here at Bicycles and Icicles.

Yeah, I support the troops. I want to give them a competent boss. Let's impeach the bastard and bring 'em home. Let's get this Marine out of the sand and put him on a real bike and some loamy singletrack where nobody's trying to kill him.

Speaking of troops: Shelby, if you're still checking the blog during your deployment, drop me an e-mail and let me know how you're doing. Send a photo if you can. I'll post the info so we'll have an update on a fellow Frigid Bits rider. Get back before the snow flies so we can hit some trails.

I'm outta here. Thanks for stoppin' in.

No comments: