Monday, June 19, 2006

Me and the F.P.

Enough of this vacation crap. I need to go home and catch up on sleep. My wife and I are flyin' outta here Tuesday morning and leavin' the kids here for a few extra days.

I dropped the Fat Possum at the bike shop on Sunday so that I could spend today floating down the Salt River on inner tubes with my kids, a small herd of nieces, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.

Brady and the rest of the friendly guys at Bicycle Showcase have been awesome. They set me up with a sweet demo bike and were a cool crew to visit with during several visits to the shop. Anybody visiting Arizona for some riding should stop by their shop at Scottsdale Road and Shea Boulevard. Great crew.

My blog had a hit today from somebody searching for a Fat Possum review. Maybe I'll write up some thoughts on the bike in a week or two when I get caught up on things ... and if I survive another 24 Hours of Kincaid.

4 comments:

The Old Bag said...

It's fun to read your AZ posts! I've got to take that shop name and hit the mtb. trails next spring!

Luke said...

Which one is the fat possum in that photo?

shawnkielty said...

Hey the Salt river -- I think I saw you out there.

I am kidding really -- but it is right here in the hood.

Tim said...

Yeah, the Salt was fun, Shawn. I hadn't tubed the river since the '80s. Used to do it often back in my younger days. It's still a fun way to cruise through the desert.