Sunday, June 18, 2006

White cat

Today's installment in our Dumbass Sign of the Week series falls under the category of "Why the hell don't these people ever take down their signs?" This thing has been up since last winter. Sorry dude, your cat is either dead or moved on. Now get past it and clean up the neighborhood.

I mean, what's the big deal with these people? Why can't they get their fat asses out of their cars and walk 10 feet to tear down their old signs? Last month, I finally took down a "Found: Mountain Bike" notice that was taped to a stop sign near my house all freakin' winter.

At least I can still enjoy this lost-cat sign. I still smile when I ride past it because of the memory in conjures up.

Shortly after it was posted last winter, I was driving to work early one morning and my daughter was going with me to hang out for a little while before I took her to school. Everything was covered in snow and ice, there was fresh snow falling and it was still dark as hell at 8 a.m.

We were both still sluggish and riding along without talking until I drove by this sign and my daughter broke the silence by casually saying, "Bad time of year to lose a white cat."

I don't care who ya are, that was funny shit.

1 comment:

The Donut Guy said...

You're right, that *is* funny.