Friday, August 10, 2007

Joke Day at B&I

A woman's dog develops a rash that makes its skin very sensitive and requires the application of an ointment to make the problem go away, so the veterinarian sends the woman to a pharmacy with instructions to buy a hair-removal solution.

As the pharmacist rings up the purchase, he cautions the woman: "This might cause some irritation, so I recommend avoiding pantyhose for 24 hours."

"Oh, it's not for my legs," she replies.

"In that case," the pharmacist tells her, "I would stay away from wool sweaters for three or four days, because your underarms might be a tad uncomfortable."

"I won't be using it on my underarms," she says, growing impatient.

The pharmacist pauses, looking a bit confused.

"Look," she says, "if you really must know, I'm buying this for my schnauzer."

"Aaaah," the pharmacist says with a look of understanding. "In that case, you shouldn't ride a bicycle for at least a week!"

2 comments:

Jeff Moser said...

No comments on this wonderful joke? Well then I want to be the first to say that you did a fine job on joke day!

Tim said...

Thank you, Thank you vury much.

Actually, I've known that joke for probably 30 years. I don't know why, but it's one of the few that I can remember at all. I usually forget good jokes almost immediately after hearing them.